Wednesday 14 August 2013

Kendrick Lamar ignites Twitter uproar after slamming fellow rappers, declares himself ‘King of New York’ on Big Sean’s new song ‘Control


Kendrick Lamar called out some of hip-hop’s top acts with his verse on fellow rapper Big Sean’s ‘Control,’ claiming that rap is all about competing with colleagues.
The 26-year-old rapper's verse on Big Sean's single "Control," which was released Tuesday, reminded fellow lyricists what the true nature of hip-hop is … competition.
Lamar's lyrics, which begin at approximately three minutes into the song, include: "I'm usually homeboys with the same n----s I'm rhyming with/ But this is hip-hop and them n----s should know what time it is/ And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale/ Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake/ Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller/ I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you n----s/ Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you n----s/ They don't wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you n----s/ What is competition?"
His words sparked quite a reaction in the Twitterverse with fans and rappers alike stating their opinion.
"I hear u loud and clear my n---- … @kendricklamar," rapper Pusha T tweeted shortly after the song's release.
Even emcees who weren't called out by Lamar had something to say.


Soucre: Zayda Rivera / New York Daily News


No comments:

Post a Comment